Orange Glazed Turkey with Potatoes & Carrots
Try this new Simple Cooking with Heart take on traditional turkey. Its seasoning gives the dish a base of flavor, and orange marmalade adds tangy sweetness. Serve with potatoes and carrots. Enjoy the taste of Thanksgiving year-round!
- nonstick Cooking spray
- 1.5-1.75 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast (all visible fat discarded)
- 2 tsp. dried mixed herbs (mix a combination of any/all – rosemary, basil, parsley, tarragon, chives, thyme, sage)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1 lb. washed potatoes (can use any type of potatoes), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots (peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Place turkey in the dish.
- 3 In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (herbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder). Rub half of mixture over the turkey.
- 4 Spread marmalade over turkey.
- 5 Stir potatoes, carrots and oil in to remaining herb mixture. Place vegetables in dish around the turkey. Bake for 1 hour.
- 6 Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Purchase Cooking in Color Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood Every purchase helps fund the work of the AHA/ASA.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Orange Glazed Turkey with Potatoes & Carrots has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box