Citrus Ginger Honey Glazed Salmon with Whole Grain Rice and Sugar Snap Peas
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this tasty this delicious Asian-inspired dish that is so simple and it takes less time to make than it would for you to order takeout!
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (peeled, grated) OR
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced) OR
- 1 tsp jarred, minced garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh or jarred lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil (or 6-8 leaves) chopped OR
- 1 lb boneless, skinless salmon (cut into 4 - 4 oz. filets)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 8 lemons (thinly sliced)
- aluminum foil
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 450° F. In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and basil and add fish. Marinate in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 2 Prepare rice according to instructions on package, excluding any salt or oil.
- 3 Cut 8 pieces of aluminum foil; wide enough to fit one piece of salmon and ½ cup of snap peas.
- 4 Remove fish from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Arrange lemon slices on top and bottom of fish filet. Place one fish filet and half of snap peas together on one piece of parchment. Cover with another piece of foil and tightly fold together top and bottom edges of foil to create a seal to the steaming pouch. Repeat for second portion. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- 5 Carefully cut open pouch and remove contents. Put salmon and snap peas over rice and serve.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||6.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Citrus Ginger Honey Glazed Salmon with Whole Grain Rice and Sugar Snap Peas has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box