Spring Greens with Salmon and Apricot-Ginger Vinaigrette
This crunchy combination of spring greens, baby spinach, red cabbage, and snow peas is powered up with salmon and topped with a sweet apricot-ginger vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup all-fruit apricot spread
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh, grated, peeled gingerroot
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (spring mix preferred), torn into pieces
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh, or, frozen, trimmed, halved snow peas, thawed if frozen, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 7.1 oz. vacuum-sealed pouch pink salmon
Tip: 2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing per serving
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a food processor or blender, process the vinaigrette ingredients; apricot spread, orange juice, vinegar, sugar, ginger root, red pepper flakes and salt until smooth.
- 2 Put the remaining salad ingredients except the salmon on a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss gently. Crumble the salmon on top. Serve immediately for peak flavors and texture.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Face the Fats campaign. © 2009 by the American Heart Association.
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Spring Greens with Salmon and Apricot-Ginger Vinaigrette has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box