Sirloin Steak with Portobello Mushrooms - Delicious Decisions
This combination of peppery sirloin and meaty portobellos is made to match up with robust mashed potatoes, perhaps flavored with garlic and horseradish.
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme (crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper ((coarsely ground preferred))
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 2 Tbsp. brandy (optional)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Discard all visible fat from the steak. Cut into 4 pieces. Sprinkle both sides with the thyme and pepper.
- 2 Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or to the desired doneness. Transfer to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 3 In the same skillet, cook the mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the onion is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- 4 Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Spoon over the steak.
This recipe is reprinted from American Heart Association Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, Fourth Edition, Copyright © 2008 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Sirloin Steak with Portobello Mushrooms - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box