Salmon Sorrento - Delicious Decisions
With its thick, colorful sauce, this dish provides a way to dress up salmon without covering up its natural flavor.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium Italian plum (Roma) tomatoes (diced)
- 6 medium black olives (coarsely chopped)
- 6 medium green olives (coarsely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh, coarsely chopped or finely chopped parsley, Italian (or flat leaf) preferred
- 1 Tbsp. capers (rinsed, drained)
- 1 1/2 tsp. bottled, minced garlic OR
- 3 medium garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. salmon fillet
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of skillet. Add tomatoes, black and green olives, lemon juice, parsley, capers, garlic, and pepper; stir to mix. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, 2 to 3 minutes.Reduce heat to medium and cook until mixture is reduced by about one third, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Meanwhile, rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3 Using a spoon, push reduced sauce to one side and place salmon in skillet.Spoon sauce over salmon. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 to 17 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from the American Heart Association Meals in Minutes Cookbook, Copyright © 2000 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:American Heart Association Meals in Minutes Cookbook
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Salmon Sorrento - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box