Black Bean Soup
You will love this Simple Cooking with Heart Mexican recipe because it's simple to make, it's heart healthy and budget friendly.
- nonstick Cooking spray
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (jarred, minced)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño (chopped)
- 2 16- oz canned, low-sodium black beans (undrained)
- 1 15- oz canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
Tip: Serve this as a side salad to a meal or warm in microwave and use as a filling for tacos!
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Spray large pot with cooking spray, over medium-high heat add onion and cook until translucent (5 minutes).
- 2 Add garlic, cumin and jalapeno and cook 1 minute more.
- 3 Add beans to pot and lightly mash with a potato masher or fork.
- 4 Add tomatoes and broth – bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5 Serve topped with chopped fresh cilantro (optional).
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Black Bean Soup has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box