Beef Sliders with Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber
These Simple Cooking with Heart, American mini-burgers are certainly a popular food trend, and they can be a healthier choice than a large fully-loaded burger!
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean, ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 small tomatoes sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 head romaine (or other lettuce) separated into leaves
- Cooking spray
- 12 whole-wheat slider buns
Keep it Healthy: You can use extra lean/lean ground turkey instead of beef. You can serve with raw veggie sticks instead of fries.
This dressing does not need added salt, since the mustard has salt in it.
Tip: Your children can help set out the ingredients, and depending on their age, help wash the lettuce, cut the tomatoes and cucumbers and assemble the sliders with the vegetables.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large bowl mix ground meat, egg, onion, black pepper and garlic.
- 2 Form patties about 2 inches across and set on a plate.
- 3 Coat a heavy skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Add the sliders and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- 4 When sliders are ready, remove from heat and serve on a bun with lettuce, a slice of tomato and a slice of cucumber.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||7.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.2 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
2 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Beef Sliders with Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box