Rosemary-Peach Chicken Kebabs with Orange Glaze - Delicious Decisions
End your day on a sweet note with these chicken-and-peach kebabs brushed with a honeyed citrus glaze.
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 1 1/2-inch pieces, all visible fat discarded
- 2 large ripe but firm peaches, cut into 16 1-inch wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 16 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil OR
- 1 1/2 tsp corn oil
Keep it Healthy: You can replace the peaches with other stone fruits, such as nectarines and plums.
Ripe but firm peaches are important for this recipe. The direct heat softens and sweetens the fruit, even if it’s not quite at its prime.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium.
- 2 Meanwhile, thread the chicken, peaches, and bell pepper alternately onto four 14- to 16-inch metal skewers. Sprinkle the pepper and salt over the kebabs.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Set aside half the glaze (about 2 tablespoons). Brush both sides of the kebabs with the remaining glaze.
- 4 Grill the kebabs for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are almost tender, turning once halfway through and brushing with the reserved 2 tablespoons of glaze, using a clean basting brush. Reduce the heat or move the kebabs to a cooler area of the grill if they are cooking too fast.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Go Fresh. Copyright © 2014 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Go Fresh
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Rosemary-Peach Chicken Kebabs with Orange Glaze - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box