Chicken with Ginger and Snow Peas - Delicious Decisions
Serve this Asian-inspired dish with a colorful fruit salad and soba noodles.
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free,low-sodium chicken broth and 1-2 Tbsp fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp canola or corn oil
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast tenders (all visible fat discarded)
- 6 oz snow peas (trimmed)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp minced, peeled gingerroot
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Put the cornstarch in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup broth, the soy sauce, and pepper, whisking to dissolve the cornstarch. Set aside.
- 2 In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3 Stir in the snow peas, garlic, and gingerroot. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4 Add the broth mixture. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, stirring constantly. If the mixture begins to burn, remove from the heat for a moment or stir in the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons broth.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, Fourth Edition, Copyright © 2011 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chicken with Ginger and Snow Peas - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box