Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing
This creamy asparagus salad is a tasty addition to any meal.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp low-fat buttermilk OR
- 1 Tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 24 medium asparagus spears (trimmed)
- poppy seeds (optional)
Tip: Serving size 6 asparagus spears
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, buttermilk, lemon zest, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 2 In a large saucepan or skillet, pour in enough water to barely cover the asparagus. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water and drain well. If desired, cut on the diagonal into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 3 Add the dressing, tossing gently to coat. Lightly sprinkle with poppy seeds.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.
|Total Fat||0.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1 1/2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box