Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples
These warm seasonal apples make a great side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 medium sweet apples (such as Rome Beauty or Gala) peeled, each sliced into 10 wedges
- 3 Tbsp light tub margarine
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 2 In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- 3 In the casserole dish, layer in order half each of the sweet potatoes, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with about half the margarine. Repeat.
- 4 Bake, covered, for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1 starch, 1/2 fruit
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box