White Bean Hummus Wraps with Avocado and Bell Pepper
The silkiness of the white beans combined with the rich avocado and crunchy cucumbers and bell peppers make this Simple Cooking with Heart vegetarian recipe a winner of a lunch or dinner.
- 15.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, or, low-sodium white beans (like cannellini) (drained, rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. ground, sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded, thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pit removed, sliced)
- 4 handfuls lettuce
- 4 (10-inch) multi-grain low-fat or low-carb wraps
Keep it Healthy: When choosing lettuce, remember than the darker the color of the greens, the more nutrients and vitamins packed into it. For example, Romaine lettuce is more nutritious than iceberg lettuce.
Cooking Tip: Any type of beans can be magically turned into hummus. Just follow the instructions above using whatever bean you want – chickpeas, black bean, kidney beans, etc. Layer onto a wrap like in this recipe or use as a dip with veggies.
Tip: Serving size 1 wrap
Tip: Transporting this for a work lunch? Place the wrap in foil for each transporting and make sure to drizzle a little lemon juice over the avocado slices to prevent browning.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Chop all the vegetables: slice the tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, and avocado.
- 2 Spread about 1/3 cup white bean hummus over each wrap, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Divide vegetables onto each wrap, placing over the hummus-not all the vegetables will be used.
- 3 Fold each side of the wrap up and then roll. Cut in half, if desired. Serve wraps with any extra vegetables and dip that is leftover.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||12.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||26 g|
2 fat, 2 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! White Bean Hummus Wraps with Avocado and Bell Pepper has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box