Roasted Carrots, Beets, and Red Onion Wedges
This colorful side dish couldn't be easier to make.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- Cooking spray
- 2 beets (about 5 ounces each), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 small carrots (about 2 ounces each), cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces (not baby carrots)
- 1 medium red onion (cut into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Cooking Tip: Avoid getting beet stains on your hands by peeling the beets under cold running water.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil to keep it from getting stained. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- 2 Put the beets, carrots, and onion wedges on the foil. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the oregano and salt over the vegetables, stirring gently to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer so they don’t touch.
- 3 Roast for 15 minutes. Stir. Roast for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender when pierced with a fork.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks..
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
3 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Roasted Carrots, Beets, and Red Onion Wedges has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box