Seared Beef Sirloin and Grilled Peaches with Feta Cheese and Basil
Not only are the grilled or broiled peach halves served on a bed of arugula with the sirloin a beauty to behold when serving, the sweetness of the fruit complements the meatiness of the beef.
- 4 peaches (halved, pit removed)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (1 pound) top sirloin (about 1 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups arugula or spring mix greens
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fat-free feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp sliced basil leaves
Cooking Tip: This recipe can also easily be accomplished using the oven. Sauté the steak over medium-high heat about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. Add the peaches cut-side-up to a foil-lined baking sheet; cook in the broiler until tender, about 6 minutes.
Keep it Healthy: You don't always needs a dose of veggies to add nutrients to a meal. Consider fruit as well, whether adding slices to a salad or roasting fruit like apples as a side.
Tip: Feel free to substitute plums for the peaches—just use 2 plums for each peach.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Halve each peach; remove and discard the pits.
- 2 Using a brush, lightly brush the oil on both the steak and each peach half. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Drizzle the honey over the peaches.
- 3 Add steak to the grill. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. Meanwhile, add peaches to grill cut-side-down; cook peaches until fork-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 4 When done, remove steak and let rest 10 minutes before slicing it. On a large platter, make a layer with the greens. Top with the grilled peach halves. Drizzle the peaches with vinegar and top with feta cheese and basil. Serve with steak.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Purchase Cooking in Color Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood Every purchase helps fund the work of the AHA/ASA.
|Total Fat||9.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.4 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fruit, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Seared Beef Sirloin and Grilled Peaches with Feta Cheese and Basil has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box