Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps
Craving the flavor of Buffalo wings when watching the game? Here’s a healthy twist on the wings—a chicken salad packed with the flavors of the wings that makes a great option whether it’s game day or not.
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, thinly sliced chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce or other hot sauce, lowest sodium available (more if you like spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (9-inch) low-sodium, low-carb wraps or tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped lettuce
Cooking Tip: Buying shredded carrots makes this dish a little quicker to get on the table. Another shortcut is using rotisserie chicken—just shred 3 cups of the rotisserie chicken breast (without the skin) to take the place of the cooked chicken.
Keep it Healthy: Hot sauces tend to be packed with sodium, so in general, when using in a recipe like this, omit the extra salt.
Tip: This chicken salad can also be piled high onto whole-wheat bread for sandwiches if you’re not in the mood for a wrap. Or, top the chicken salad onto a bed of greens.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chicken breasts and saute until chicken is fully cooked, around 6 to 10 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from heat. When chicken has cooled slightly, transfer chicken to cutting board to chop into bite-size pieces.
- 2 Meanwhile, chop the celery and add into a medium bowl with yogurt, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine; add chicken and stir again.
- 3 Divide chicken salad, carrots, and lettuce over each wrap, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Fold each side of the wrap up and then roll. Serve.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||9.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.8 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box