Green Eggs and Ham on the Go
Do you like green eggs and ham? Would you like them here or there? Would you? Could you? In a car? Eat them! Eat them! Here they are. Send your kids off with this on-the-go breakfast they can eat on their way to school.
- 32 oz liquid egg whites
- 1 medium avocado (mashed with a fork)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 oz lower-sodium, low-fat ham, diced into small cubes
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place six 8-ounce disposable aluminum baking cups on a baking sheet.
- 2 In a medium bowl, briskly whisk together the egg whites, avocado, and pepper until very well combined and "creamy" in texture.
- 3 Put half the ham in the baking cups. Pour in the egg white mixture. Top each cup with the remaining ham.
- 4 Bake for 20 for 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and the eggs are set. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Let stand to cool.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||5.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Green Eggs and Ham on the Go has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box