Avocado and Shrimp Spring Roll
These Asian wrappers are rolled tightly, packing lots of freshness on the inside from herbs, fruit, and vegetables.
- 1 oz dried rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp peanut sauce
- 4 12-inch Vietnamese salad roll wrappers
- 3 oz cooked and peeled shrimp, without tails, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium avocado (halved, cut into 12 slices)
- 1 medium mango, julienned into 12 pieces
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup tightly packed, fresh Thai basil (torn)
- 1/4 cup tightly packed, fresh mint (torn)
- 1, 2.5 oz packaged radish sprouts
Tip: Wood surfaces are best when working with salad roll wrappers. They tend to stick to plastic cutting boards.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Place the rice noodles in a small, heat-resistant bowl. Pour in boiling water to cover them. Let stand until softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the noodles to a fine-mesh sieve. Drain well. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the peanut sauce. Set aside.
- 2 Fill a large container (big enough to fit the salad roll wrapper) with warm water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, soak the wrapper in the water until just pliable but not limp, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a work surface. On the wrapper, layer as follows: the shrimp, avocado, mango, lettuce, basil, mint, and sprouts. Top with the rice noodles. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Fold in the ends, rolling like a burrito into a tight cylinder.
- 3 Transfer the rolls with the seam side down to a plate. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and refrigerate.
- 4 To serve, cut the rolls into thirds using a wet knife. Transfer to a serving platter.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||6.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Avocado and Shrimp Spring Roll has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box