Baked Apples and Pears with Almonds
This delicious dessert uses honey and the natural flavors of seasonal apples and pears to satisfy any sweet craving without the guilt.
- 4 small Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples (can substitute any variety of apple or use pears as available or on sale)
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unoiled almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins (no-sugar-added)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon honey
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 2 Cut ½ inch off the top of the apples, save the tops.
- 3 Using a spoon or paring knife, core out the apples, leaving a bottom/base intact.
- 4 Chop almonds.
- 5 In a small bowl, combine almonds, cranberries and cinnamon – stir gently. Drizzle in honey and stir until almonds and cranberries are coated.
- 6 Spoon almond mixture into apples and replace tops. Fill a small baking dish with ¼ inch of water, place apples in dish and cover loosely tented foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until apples are tender and lightly golden.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 fat, 2 fruit
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Baked Apples and Pears with Almonds has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box