Pork Chops with Balsamic-Peach Glaze, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
This Simple Cooking with Heart American/Southern recipe is a fantastic meal that gives a hefty boost to your veggie and fruit intake for the day.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 clove fresh garlic (minced) OR
- 2 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced top loin pork chops (4 oz. each)
- 1 head broccoli (cut into bite-size pieces) OR
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 small sweet potatoes ( or 2 cups,)
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper (divided use)
- 1 cup frozen, unsweetened peaches (thawed, chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free peach preserves
- ? tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves OR
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- non-stick Cooking spray
Cooking Tip: Thaw frozen peaches in refrigerator overnight or remove from bag and place into a bowl of lukewarm water for about 10 minutes and drain.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2 In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Reserve half of this mixture for vegetables. To half of the vinegar mixture, add pork chops. Cover and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- 3 In a large mixing bowl, add vegetables, chili powder and ½ teaspoon. pepper and vinegar mixture and toss thoroughly to coat. Spread vegetables in one layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Roast for 35-40 minutes until potato is soft and broccoli begins to turn slightly crispy.
- 4 In a small skillet over medium-low heat, stir together 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, peaches, peach preserves, cayenne pepper and thyme. Heat, stirring frequently, until sauce begins to simmer.
- 5 Remove pork chops from marinade and discard remaining liquid. Season with remaining pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray and add pork chops. Cook 2-3 minutes in each side, until cooked through.
- 6 Serve with 1 cup of vegetables and ¼ sauce drizzled over each pork chop.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||6.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork Chops with Balsamic-Peach Glaze, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box