Thai Chicken Broccoli Salad with Peanut Dressing
This Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a fun Thai dinner for you -- a no-cook, super tasty salad that you can put together quickly and serve as the main dish for your meal.
- 2 Tbsp. no-salt-added natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups fresh, chopped broccoli OR
- 12 oz. packaged, frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cup boneless, skinless chicken (from breast meat of a rotisserie chicken) OR
- 20 oz. salt-free white meat chicken (drained)
- 15 oz. canned, no-salt-added, or, low-sodium sweet peas (drained)
- 11 oz. canned, slices mandarin oranges in own juices or light syrup, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion, white, yellow or green, chopped
Keep it Healthy: If using fresh broccoli, also chop up the broccoli stems. It tastes good and is full of vitamins.
Cooking Tip: Some peanut butter brands are thicker than others; so more water may be needed to thin out the dressing.
Tip: Buying a pre-cut package of broccoli is a time-saver but also slightly more expensive.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||8.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Thai Chicken Broccoli Salad with Peanut Dressing has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box