Pan-Seared Basil Shrimp with Multigrain Pasta
Hearty pasta is topped with tender, juicy shrimp in a classic Italian tomato sauce spiked with wine and highlighted with fresh basil and garlic.
Purchase Go Red for Women Healthy Recipes for the Heart Cookbook
- 8 oz. dried, multigrain spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp (peeled, rinsed, patted dry)
- 2, 14.5-oz. cans tomatoes, no-salt-added, diced, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. shredded, or, grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. shredded, or, grated Parmesan cheese (plus)
- 1 medium lemon (cut into 4 wedges)
Tip: Serving size 3 ounces shrimp and 1 cup spaghetti.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. Drain well in a colander. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the garlic and oregano for 20 to 30 seconds, or until the garlic is fragrant, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium.
- 3 Stir in the shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink on the outside, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomatoes with liquid, basil, wine, sugar, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Spoon the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Garnish with the lemon wedges.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from Recipes for the Heart, Copyright © 2014 by the American Heart Association. Published by Publications International, Ltd. Available on ShopHeart.org while supplies last.
|Total Fat||8.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
2 lean meat, 3 starch, 2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pan-Seared Basil Shrimp with Multigrain Pasta has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box