Almond Snack Mix
This sweet and crunchy snack boasts plenty of fiber and heart-healthy fat. Once it's cooled, package it in single-serving bags so it's ready to tuck into lunchboxes or grab on the way out the door.
- 1/3 cup whole, unsalted almonds
- 2/3 cup multibran or whole grain cereal squares
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola (without raisins)
- 1/4 cup dried apricot halves, cut into strips OR
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
Cooking Tip: If all the snack mix isn’t likely to be eaten on the day you make it, we recommend using the golden raisins. The moisture of the dried apricots may cause the cereal to lose its crispness over time. Be sure the almonds are completely cooled when you add them to the mix; otherwise, they will make it soggy.
Tip: Serving size 1/2 cup
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice to ensure even baking. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Stir in the cooled almonds.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from Heart-Healthy Recipes, Copyright © 2011 by the American Heart Association. Published by Krames StayWell, LLC. Look for Heart-Healthy Recipes at ShopHeart.org.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Heart-Healthy Recipes
|Total Fat||6.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Almond Snack Mix has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box