Baked Flautas with Mango Salsa
This Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a simple and vegetarian version of a popular Mexican recipe that will become a quick favorite made with yellow rice, beans, seasonings and corn tortillas.
- 1 cup cooked yellow saffron rice, cooked according to package omitting added salt
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 6 6 - inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped mango (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (fresh, frozen) OR
- 1 cup canned, crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber (about half a cucumber)
- 2 tsp chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
Cooking Tip: Try adding golden raisins or a small amount of capers or chopped olives for more flavor.
Keep it Healthy: Yellow rice can have more sodium, so no additional salt is needed in this recipe.
Tip: Nutritional information for Flautas in table.
Nutritional information for Mango Salsa here:
Calories = 10
Fat = 0.0 g
Saturated Fat = 0.0 g
Trans Fat = 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat = 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat = 0.0 g
Cholesterol = 0.0 mg
Sodium = 0.3 mg
Dietary Fiber = 0.3 g
Total Sugar = 2.0 g
Protein = 0.2 g
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cover a baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, black beans, green onion, spinach, chili powder, cumin, and tomato sauce, mixing well.
- 3 Spoon 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down on the prepared pan. Lightly spray the tops of each flauta with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15 minute or until crispy and light brown.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||1.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
1 1/2 starch
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Baked Flautas with Mango Salsa has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box