Barbeque Glazed Chicken Tenders and Oven Fries
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this tangy twist on a traditional chicken dish. This barbecue glaze is simple to make, and full of flavor. Paired with seasoned oven fries, it's a complete meal in about 45 minutes.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (all visible fat discarded)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free orange marmalade or grape jam/jelly
Cooking Tip: Cut the chicken into bit-size pieces and serve on whole-wheat tortillas for tangy chicken tacos!
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2 Scrub potatoes (you can peel the potatoes if you don't like the skin) and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch strips. Arrange potatoes evenly in pan.
- 3 In a cup, combine garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- 4 Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 1 Trim visible fat from chicken and pat dry.
- 2 Spray skillet or frying pan with cooking spray and turn to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, cook 4 minutes, flip chicken and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.
- 3 In a small bowl mix barbeque sauce and marmalade/jam/jelly. Microwave covered at 60% power for 40 seconds. Use a spoon to spread sauce evenly over chicken tenders.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||3.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||61 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
2 starch, 2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Barbeque Glazed Chicken Tenders and Oven Fries has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box