Dijon Pork with Potatoes and Carrots - Delicious Decisions
Cleanup is kept to an absolute minimum with the help of a sheet of aluminum foil. Just line a baking sheet with it, combine and roast the ingredients on it, then throw the foil away. There isn’t even a mixing bowl to wash.
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 oz. each), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 medium carrots (quartered lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 small onion (cut into eighths)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin (all visible fat discarded)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Tip: Serving size 3 oz. pork plus 1 1/2 cups vegetables
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 Put the potatoes, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and garlic on the baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange in a single layer, leaving enough room in the center for the pork.
- 3 Spoon the mustard over the pork; spread evenly over the top and sides. Sprinkle with the pepper. Place the pork on the baking sheet. Tuck the thin end of the pork under for even cooking.
- 4 Bake for 10 minutes. Stir the vegetables. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the center. Turn off the oven. Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let stand for 3 minutes for easier slicing.
- 5 Meanwhile, drizzle the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over the vegetables. Stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with the salt. Stir gently. Leave the vegetables in the oven to keep warm while you slice the pork.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association One-Dish Meals, Copyright © 2003 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
|Total Fat||10.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Dijon Pork with Potatoes and Carrots - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box