Green Bean Casserole
Check out this great Simple Cooking with Heart, heart-healthy version of an American holiday favorite!
- 1 lb. frozen green beans (French cut is best), thawed
- 10.5 oz. canned, reduced-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 small onion (cut into thin strips)
- nonstick Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3 While casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 4 Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
- 5 Spray a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisply, stirring occasionally.
- 6 Remove casserole from oven, add ½ onions and stir well.
- 7 Top with remaining half and return to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Green Bean Casserole has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box