Herbed Veggie Skillet
Savory herbs add full flavor to this easy mixed vegetable dish.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- 2 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 8 oz. zucchini (sliced)
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp. water (plus more if needed)
- 1/8 tsp. dried basil (crumbled)
- 1/8 tsp. dried marjoram (crumbled)
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano (crumbled, to taste)
- pepper, to taste
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the zucchini, onion, and bell pepper for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- 2 Stir in the remaining ingredients except the pepper. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender, adding more water if necessary. Sprinkle with the pepper.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1/2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Herbed Veggie Skillet has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box