Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Microwave Steamed Squash
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you prepare a delicious chicken dinner in under 45 minutes! This is a great recipe to ease you into the kitchen, or a reliable favorite that's easy to whip up for dinner.
- nonstick Cooking spray
- 4, 4- oz boneless, skinless, halved chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian or Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- 3 medium squash (any combination of zucchini or yellow squash)
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. water
Tip: Allow the chicken to stand at least 10 minutes before you slice it so the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Trim visible fat from chicken (optional – pound to even thickness)
- 3 Place chicken breast halves in baking dish, spoon half of the dressing evenly over the chicken. Flip chicken with a fork and spread remaining dressing evenly over the chicken.
- 4 Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Microwave Steamed Squash has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box