Chicken Curry Skillet with Stir-Fry Veggies and Noodles
Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this Indian/Thai, seven-ingredient chicken dish that is filled with delicious Asian flavors that you can whip up in the amount of time it takes to cook a pot of pasta.
- 12 oz packaged, whole-wheat angel hair or capellini pasta
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 1 cup washed, fresh basil OR
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 lb lean, ground chicken breast
- 8 oz canned, no-salt-added water chestnuts (drained, rinsed)
- 16 oz frozen stir-fry vegetables or mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
Cooking Tip: Add a dash of cayenne powder or crushed red pepper flakes if you want a little spiciness in the curry.
Keep it Healthy: Light coconut milk has 60% less calories and fat than regular coconut milk.
Tip: When using coconut milk, always be sure to shake the can before using because the coconut milk will have separated.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Cook pasta according to package directions (omitting the salt and fat). Drain pasta in colander.
- 2 Coat a large pan with cooking spray. Add basil leaves, and cook over high heat until wilted, about 1 minute. Add chicken, breaking meat up with spatula. (If using dried basil, skip first step and add with meat.) Stir and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Add water chestnuts and vegetables, and stir. Cook until warm, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4 Add coconut milk and curry powder. Stir to combine and cook until just warm, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add noodles, stirring to coat with mixture. Serve.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chicken Curry Skillet with Stir-Fry Veggies and Noodles has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box