Pork and Cabbage Stir-Fry
This Simple Cooking with Heart tasty pork chop recipe with an Asian twist is a fast way to get a delicious and healthy dinner on your table tonight.
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless pork chops, pieces about ½-inch thick, all visible fat discarded, thinly slices
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger OR
- garlic powder
- 16 oz. packaged, frozen stir-fry vegetables (thawed) OR
- 16 oz. packaged, frozen snow peas (thawed)
- 8 oz. canned, sliced water chestnuts (drained, rinsed)
- 1 batch Asian Cole Slaw (see related recipes)
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Cooking Tip: The longer the Asian Cole Slaw sits in the fridge, the more liquid that’s released from the slaw. Make sure to add all this delicious liquid into the stir-fry because it becomes the sauce for it.
Keep it Healthy: Stir-fry recipes are a quick and easy dinner that can use up any meat or vegetables leftovers in the fridge.
Tip: Check out the Asian/ International aisle in supermarkets for no salt added or low sodium canned vegetables to add oomph to a stir-fry like baby corn, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Over high heat, add pork pieces and ginger or garlic. Stir and cook about 1 minute.
- 2 Add stir-fry vegetables and water chestnuts, stirring and cooking until pork is fully cooked and vegetables are warmed, another 2 to 3 minutes. Take off heat. Remove pork and vegetables from pan into a medium bowl.
- 3 Spray the large nonstick pan with cooking spray again. Warm over high heat and add cole slaw, including all of its liquid. Stir and cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 Add the vegetables and pork back into the pan. Stir and serve stir-fry with rice.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork and Cabbage Stir-Fry has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box