Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
This Simple Cooking with Heart chicken dish is so, so easy to make and let's just say these veggies may be replacing the candied yams at your next holiday meal!
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 small raw sweet potato (cut into 1-inch cubes, peeled if desired)
- 1/2 cup baby carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 small turnip (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. light tub margarine
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Combine vegetables in a medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil to coat.
- 3 Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- 4 Stir vegetables and bake an additional 20 minutes until vegetables are tender (pierce easily with a fork) and are lightly browned.
- 5 Return vegetables to mixing bowl and add margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 6 Toss until margarine is melted and vegetables are coated with cinnamon and sugar.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||7.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Added Sugars||1 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box