Easy Chicken Salad
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you make this easy chicken salad that is perfect for a quick lunch or a meal on the go. Eat over a piece of whole wheat toast or with a plate of mixed greens.
- 2 12.5- oz. canned, salt-free white meat chicken (packed in water, drained)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (purple or white)
- 1 8- oz. canned water chestnuts (drained, chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unoiled walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup seedless, halved grapes OR
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Tip: scoop the seeds out of a tomato or bell pepper and serve a scoop of chicken salad inside or serve over a piece of whole wheat toast or a plate of mixed greens or baby spinach.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||10.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1/2 fruit, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Easy Chicken Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box