Pico de Gallo Grilled Chicken Salad
Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this Pico de Gallo Grilled Chicken Salad recipe -- it's fresh, delicious and simple to make.
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 seeded, finely chopped jalapeño (can use ½ to reduce spiciness)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. garlic (jarred, minced)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (or chicken tenderloins, whatever is on sale), all visible fat discarded OR
- chicken tenderloins (whatever is on sale)
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 8 cups green leaf or red leaf lettuce (approx. 8-10 leaves), washed, torn into pieces
- Cilantro or lemon/lime slices for garnish
Tip: Pico de Gallo is super versatile with unlimited uses! Try it as a salad dressing, a dip with low sodium whole-wheat chips/crackers (Check the ingredients for the chips/crackers to ensure that they are not made with any hydrogenated oil or tropical oil, such as palm or coconut oil.) or fresh vegetables, mixed with brown rice to make “dirty rice,” over fish, or even on baked potatoes.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet and turn to medium-high heat.
- 2 Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Divide lettuce on to 4 plates, top with chicken.
- 3 Spoon Pico de Gallo over salads and serve. Garnish with cilantro or lemon/lime slices (optional)
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||3.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pico de Gallo Grilled Chicken Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box