Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
Roasting vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, turnips, etc. with a favorite herb like rosemary and a sweet hint of balsamic brings out the nutty flavors.
- cooking spray
- 1/2 lb, Brussels sprouts, brown ends trimmed off and cut in half
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 4 medium carrots (peeled, sliced)
- turnips, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- beets, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- sweet potato (peeled, optional) cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. no-calorie sweetener (granulated)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh, chopped rosemary OR
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 clove fresh, minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 375.
- 2 Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 Thoroughly wash all vegetables, cut and toss together in large bowl.
- 4 In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, no-calorie sweetener, rosemary, garlic, onion powder, pepper and salt. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss well.
- 5 Pour vegetable mixture into prepared 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring once, until all vegetables pierce easily with a fork.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||2.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
3 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Vegetables has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box