Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
This Southwestern Confetti salad recipe is quick, hearty, and takes advantage of a well-stocked pantry.
- 31 oz canned, no-salt-added or lower-sodium black-eyed peas (drained, rinsed)
- 15.25 oz canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium whole kernel corn
- 8.8 oz packaged, cooked brown rice (broken into small pieces)
- 2 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or any type of vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley OR
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Keep it Healthy: Brown rice makes this salad more filling and nutritious. Fully-cooked brown rice can bulk up any type of salad.
Cooking Tip: Before adding to the bowl, use your fingers to break the rice clumps into pieces, so they can get coated with the dressing. This is a great kid-friendly task.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box