Chicken and Green Bean Salad
This Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is an easy, no-cook, one-dish, American dinner that you can whip together in about 15 minutes!
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard OR
- 1 tsp ground mustard and mix with 2 teaspoons water
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cup shredded chicken (from half of a rotisserie chicken) OR
- 20 oz canned, salt-free white meat chicken (drained)
- 31 oz canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium green beans (drained, rinsed)
- 3 stalk celery (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp chopped, unsalted, unoiled almonds (or any nut on sale)
Cooking Tip: Kids can help crush the almonds! Just put in a sealed plastic bag and let them gently smash with a rolling pin or the back of a small pan.
Keep it Healthy: Seeds like hulled unsalted pumpkin seeds or unsalted sunflower seeds can be used instead of nuts in any recipe. They are just as nutritious!
Tip: Instead of celery, a 12-ounce package of shredded cabbage or shredded carrots can be used. Or, even a chopped cucumber! Just look at what is on sale and what you like to eat.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||13.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chicken and Green Bean Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box