Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
This American Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a terrific vegetable side dish that goes well with just about any main dish you are serving. Or this can be your main dish for meatless meal or when you want a light meal.
- 15.5 oz canned, no-salt-added or lower-sodium chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes (any type)
- 1 cucumber (chopped)
- 2 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1/4 small red or yellow onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or canola
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
Cooking Tip: Cilantro stems and celery leaves have a ton of flavor! So go ahead and chop them up for the salad.
Tip: Cherry or grape tomatoes are usually more expensive than other tomatoes. However, sometimes they go on sale, so always check.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box