Homemade Frozen Yogurt Pops with Peaches
Two cups of chopped fresh or frozen fruit can be subbed for the peaches, so you can constantly experiment with these refreshing popsicles from the Simple Cooking with Heart program.
- 16 oz. packaged, plain, no-sugar-added, frozen, sliced, thawed peaches (divided, no sauce added)
- 1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
Cooking Tip: This recipe yields around 3 cups; the amount of popsicles may vary depending on the size of your popsicle molds.
Keep it Healthy: Decrease the amount of fruit by ½ cup and add ½ cup granola into the mix to turn these into breakfast popsicles.
Tip: Don’t have popsicle molds or sticks? Try pouring the mixer into an ice tray, covering with plastic wrap and poking toothpicks through the plastic into the center of each cube. Once they’re frozen, pull off the plastic wrap and eat a bite-size popsicle.
Tip: Don’t have a food processor or immersion blender? No problem. Just replace the bag of frozen fruit with 1 (15-ounce) can sliced fruit in juice, stirring it with the 1 cup of yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey before pouring into the molds.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 ½ cups thawed peaches from bag, yogurt, and honey. Process about 1 minute until mixture turns into a puree. (Alternatively, add ingredients into a bowl and puree with an immersion blender.)
- 2 Transfer puree to a bowl or large liquid measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring. Chop remaining peaches into bite-sized pieces and add into the bowl, along with any lingering peach liquid from the bag.
- 3 Divide mixture among popsicle molds, filling each one almost to the top. Place in the freezer overnight.
- 4 To remove from molds, hold under warm water until popsicle can be easily pulled free.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Homemade Frozen Yogurt Pops with Peaches has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box