Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Savory sweet potatoes can be a comfort food on a chilly evening. Stuff with sweet and spicy pulled chicken with corn or beans and lime!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (thoroughly washed)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion (diced)
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (thawed, drained)
- 15 oz canned, low-sodium black beans
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp no-calorie sweetener, granulated, 1 packet
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
Tip: Serving Size 1 potato, 3/4 cup bean/chicken mixture.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400.
- 2 Pierce each sweet potato all around with a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- 3 While potatoes are baking, rub chicken breasts with olive oil and place in a baking dish, sprinkle with pepper. Bake in the same oven as the potatoes in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, shred chicken gently with a fork and set aside.
- 4 Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté onion 2-3 minutes until translucent. Stir in corn and beans stirring occasionally until heated through, approximately 3-5 minutes. Gently add chicken, lime juice, no-calorie sweetener, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, and water. Stir until well blended and cook until mixture is warmed through.
- 5 Carefully remove potatoes from oven and slice open lengthwise (be careful of steam!). Add ¼ of bean and chicken mixture to each potato and top with cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||6.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
5 starch, 4 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box