Salmon Loaf with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this delicious salmon bake, ready for the oven in just 20 minutes! It tastes great with our cucumber sauce, which also goes well over mixed greens or other summer dishes.
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 1 14.75- oz. or 4 2.6- oz. canned, boneless, skinless pink salmon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery OR
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (white, yellow or purple to add a flash of color!)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs OR
- 1/2 cup whole-grain, uncooked quick oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 medium finely chopped jalapeño (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh dillweed OR
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed
- 2 tsp. minced onion
Tip: Serve over mixed greens or tomato slices as a salad or cool summer entree!
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x4 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2 Drain salmon, flake with a fork.
- 3 Add salmon, celery, chopped onion, bread crumbs, milk,eggs, pepper, parsley and jalapeño, mix well. Shape in to loaf with hands and pat into loaf pan.
- 4 Bake 40 minutes, let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with cucumber sauce.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
3 lean meat, 1 starch
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Salmon Loaf with Creamy Cucumber Sauce has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box