Microwave Omelet in a Mug
Who says there isn’t enough time for a healthy omelet in the morning? This unbelievably quick recipe is cooked in a few minutes courtesy of a mug and the microwave.
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp fat-free milk
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh spinach leaves or other greens
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
Cooking Tip: Not sure what size your mug is? Fill the mug with water; then transfer the water to a large liquid measuring cup to be certain of the ounce size.
Keep it Healthy: Make small Ziploc packets of the omelet vegetables to store in the freezer for future breakfasts. Run under cold water to gently thaw before use.
Tip: To turn this into a quick kid-friendly breakfast, stir 2 tablespoons of fat-free cheddar cheese into the eggs along with the vegetables.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Coat the inside of a 12-ounce (or larger) coffee mug with cooking spray.
- 2 Add eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper into the mug. Whisk together with a fork. Stir in spinach, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- 3 Place in the microwave and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Continue cooking in 30 second intervals as to not overcook the eggs, removing the mug when eggs are puffy and set. Cooking time will depend on the microwave wattage but probably be around 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Top with scallions and eat immediately.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.0 g|
2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Microwave Omelet in a Mug has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box