Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Apple - Delicious Decisions
Using the tenderloin rather than the loin reduces the roasting time without losing any slow-cooked flavor.
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. chopped, fresh rosemary (divided use)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (divided use)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. salt (divided use)
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin (all visible fat discarded)
- 1 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 2 tsp. canola or corn oil, divided use
- 1 medium to large tart green apple (about 8 ounces), such as Granny Smith, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tsp. sugar
Serving size 3 ounces pork and 1/2 cup apple mixture
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- 2 In a small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon rosemary, the garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle all over the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the pork.
- 3 In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the pork for 4 minutes, or until richly browned on the bottom. Turn over. Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- 4 Roast for 15 minutes. Arrange the apple and onion around the pork. Lightly spray the apple and onion with cooking spray. Sprinkle the sugar over the apple and onion.
- 5 Roast for 5 minutes, or until the pork registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer and is slightly pink in the center, and the apple and onion are tender-crisp.
- 6 Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let stand for 3 minutes, or until the desired doneness. Cut crosswise into slices.
- 7 Keeping the apple mixture on the foil, stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serve the apple mixture with the pork.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Go Fresh. Copyright © 2014 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Go Fresh
|Total Fat||8.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 fruit, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Apple - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box